If you are a newbie, and you want to start selling products online, but you don’t know where to start, this article for you. In this article, we will learn how to sell online.
However, if you want to sell online, here are some things you have to need:
- Domain name
- Web hosting
- eCommerce platform
- Payment gateway account
How to choose a right domain name
Choosing a domain name is more like the most challenging part of starting an online business. Your domain name determines lots of things in your business, so you have to make sure that you choose the right domain name. And how can you do that? Read on.
- Choose a name that is simple and short.
- Don’t use hyphens and numbers in your domain name
- Don’t choose a domain name that similar to one someone has chosen.
- Be creative when choosing a name
Now that you have learned how to choose a right domain name, let’s move to choosing a web host.
Before you choose a web host, you have to be very aware of the website load speed. Your website load speed matters a lot in the success of your business.
You should also be aware of the host’s customer service. If the web host’s customer service is not very reliable, you should think twice before choosing the host.
You should consider the additional services that the web host offers. If the web host doesn’t offer additional services like email services, website statistics, and secure server, you should think twice before hosting your website with them because those additional services matters if you want to make profits in your business.
Now let’s talk about eCommerce platforms you can run your online business on.
- Woo Commerce. Woo Commerce is an open-source platform; it gives you lots of access to lots of plugins. But you have to look after your security and hosting yourself.
- Shopify is a popular platform that you can run your eCommerce store in. With Shopify; you can build your eCommerce store from the starch.
Now that we have seen two of the eCommerce platforms, let’s move on to discussing payment gateway account.
Since you have chosen your E-commerce platform, you need to find a way to accept payments. Since you are a beginner, the best way is to use the services of a payment gateway provider. A payment gateway provider will offer you the ability to capture debit and credit card payments securely and instantly.
Here are some payment gateway providers you should consider:
— online business step (@business_steps) 19 de junio de 2017